Monday, January 17, 2011

Happy MLK Day!


it's so funny, one of my first memories of Dr. King was when i was growing up i thought the picture of my grandpa on the mantle was DR. MARTIN LUTHER KING JR. they favor each other so much, and it made perfect sense that we'd have a picture of the activist smack in the middle of my living room.

though we didn't get the day off today, i will make sure that when i get home i take a moment to consciously reflect on all of the sacrifices Dr. King made for people of color. we reap the benefits of it everyday but i think as more time passes, the younger generations take everything for granted. this is my personal oath to do my best at instilling the tremendous impact that Dr. King had on all of our lives to the youngins....continue to rest in peace Dr. King.

No comments:

Post a Comment